“Don’t you just hate it when you’re eating chicken, and it’s either pink or even bloody next to the bone.” And I know we do. YUK!
How can one be assured that this doesn’t happen to you? Sous Vide the pieces. If you have questions about the process, go to my website, “Dinner Parties and More.” Do a search, or click on the category “culinary techniques,” for a full description of what you need and how to do it.
It’s always a success. And it’s so easy, I’ve heard that even Bob Miller can do it.
4 pieces of chicken, legs and or thighs (skin attached)
2 oz. of butter for searing
2 oz. of EVOO for searing
¼ cup paprika
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp coarse salt
2 Tbsp black pepper
4 Tbsp granulated garlic
4 Tbsp granulated onion
1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
Mix together and put in poultry spice shaker.
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 165°F.
- Apply rub and place in shrink-wrap and seal.
- You can freeze it. The chicken will have intimate contact with the rub, and the parts will get all ‘happy.’
- If frozen thaw prior to cooking.
- Place in water bath and cook for 3 hours.
- When the cook-time for the chicken is coming to an end, prepare skillet for searing.
- Sear in med-hot skillet of 2 oz. butter and 2 oz. EVOO until browned to perfection.